Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Loathe: Puyehue-Cordon Caulle volcano

Oh my. This is the ash cloud that will not go away. My flight home got cancelled last week because Jetstar wasn't flying. And it turns out that the ash cloud is coming back around. Fingers crossed that it's not going to disrupt my flight home on Sunday. I don't mean to sound like a whiny, white, upper-middle class twit (as Bridget Jones would say) but it's just really frustrating. I would love to stay home a bit longer, but I got shit ta do - ya know!

But I realise that a few days of flight disruption is much more preferable to what people in South America, particularly close to the volcano are experiencing right now. And the devastating impact it is having on their lives and the environment.


Photo credit:Francisco Ramos Mejia/AFP/Getty Images
The banks of the Ranjentuco stream are coated with ash

1 comment:

  1. Dear Bridie, the only cultural heritage we have any acclaim for is our whiny-white-upper-middle-class-twit-ness. and i agree i loathe that effing volcano too Michael was trapped in Sydney for a few days last week

    ReplyDelete